Monday, February 17, 2014

Status Report, the sequel

I see that my last status update was ten days ago, and in it I apologized for the time I had to take to set up a new server. I said that I expected to get back to solitaire work shortly.

Turns out, I was far too optimistic. The server work that I thought was nearly done wasn't even close to done at that time. I won't bore you with the ugly details, but we've been working on this nearly non-stop all this time. The good news is that we believe (once again) that we are nearly done. We have accomplished all of the major tasks and proven that everything works. The most important part of this was email; for a while there our email access was spotty-to-nonexistent.

That is why I haven't been responding to any bug reports lately: you submit them via the form on this site, but they come to me by email, and my email wasn't working. But it is up and running now, and I see that I have over 200 unread reports to dig through. I will start on that today, and I will resume work on Solitaire Till Dawn as well.

As I posted earlier, I am aware that the latest beta is not working well for everyone. For some, it isn't working at all. I am sorry for the interruption, and of course I intend to get it fixed. But it may still be a while before the next release, because there's a lot wrong with the current release and I want the next one to be a lot more solid. Betas 10 and 11 were released in great haste, to get them out before we had to do the server work. I am going to take my time with beta 12.

As always, thanks for your patience and your support.

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have bought a new macbook pro OS X 10.9.1 two days ago and I would like to download Solitaire Till Dawn but...
    I am told 'impossible de décompresser SolitaireTillDawn401.sit': l'archivage Stuffit n'est pas pris en charge.

    I also was said that the ''Impossible d'ouvrir l'application "(null)", car elle est peut-être endommagée ou imcomplète''.

    Do you know this bug?
    Can you help me?

    Thank you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne
      It appears that the "401" you have downloaded is the one for Classic Macs - running OS 9.x. For your new MacBook Pro, with OS 10.9.1, you will need to download the latest beta, which is beta 11. Be aware that it is a beta, not yet fully released.
      You should be able to download the latest beta, and read about what a beta is, from here:
      https://remoteaccess.tappin.com/access/c551065b-3e05-4819-beab-6d1125ef345b
      or here:
      http://www.semicolon.com/Downloads/Solitaire%20Till%20Dawn-1.0b11.dmg

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering so quickly. I'll look for this Beta and tell you the result :)
      I love your game and don't want to lose it!

      Delete
  2. Overall the STD is a fine, fine program.
    Keep cheerful and keep going - and thank you for your hard work.
    I'm waiting for the happy day I can buy the new STD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure if i just fortunate, I don´t have any problem with beta 11 and i so happy that i can play std even in abeta version. Thanks

    ReplyDelete