Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Different View of the Difference Engine

I couldn't let today's Wondermark comic pass without notice! Click the link to see it.

My thanks to the author David Malki for producing Wondermark; followers of my personal blog know how fond I am of the funnies, and his is a good one. I recommend it, even if it isn't usually quite so relevant to my daily life!

(For those of you who don't recognize the name Charles Babbage or the term "difference engine", Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_engine.)

And since I know that most of you watch this space for news of Solitaire Till Dawn, here's a small update for you: I'm still working on it of course, and progress is being made daily, but I've been set back a bit by a couple of recent software issues that I'm still working through. I may post details at some point, but right now I'm in the middle of the work and don't want to interrupt it to write a longer post than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment